Spring is in the air and the market has improved…time to list? Not just yet! Try these tips on for size BEFORE you call a Realtor:
As reported in the Globe & Mail, here are some quick-and-dirty ways to help you stage your home on a dime:
1. Remove 20 to 50 per cent of furniture and accessories in each room
2. Stick to neutral paint colours on the wall, and add a fresh coat of bright white paint to the baseboards
3. Clean all windows and scrub all floors
3. Pick up a couple of planters and a new welcome mat for your front porch
4. Buy a fresh set of crisp, clean bedding and white fluffy towels for the bathroom
5. Edit your art. If your walls are plastered with wedding or baby photos, go out and buy a couple of works that are a bit more mainstream.
6. Ditch the shoe racks, small book cases or storage pieces. These will give the buyer the impression that space is tight.
7. Freshen things up with flowers and fruit. Place an orchid or some greenery in every bathroom and a bowl of fruit – lemons, limes, oranges – in the kitchen.
8. Don’t use air fresheners to mask the small of tobacco, dirty laundry, cats or last week’s leftovers. Try using a lemon-scented cleaner to help remove unwanted odours.
Patrick Murphy 259 486 2529
RE/MAX ORCHARD COUNTRY
PS To get market information BEFORE calling a Realtor, click this: