I am not one to ponder on things of the past, but these 2012 Year End Real Estate stats really get me in the mood to make a …Market Comment!
ACTIVE LISTINGS COMMENT (supply)
Right now there are 240 active MLS listings in Summerland:
– 0 lots for under $110,000
– 1 condo for under $130,000 (sat on market for over 2 years)
– 2 mobile homes under $125,000
– 1 modular home for under $200,000
– 3 houses for under $230,000 (2 of them are zoned commercial)
SOLD LISTINGS COMMENT (demand)
As I write this, it appears that the final 2 sales reported Summerland MLS will both be FORECLOSED PROPERTIES. That tells me everything I need to know about demand. Buyers are demanding a decent bargain…or they will not buy.
– Of the 10 most expensive sale in Summerland, RE/MAX ORCHARD COUNTRY outsold its nearest Summerland office competitor by a 3 to 1 ratio!
– 40 sold ROC average days on market
– Three longest time on market sales were 500, 609 and 704 days to find a buyer (none of those patient sellers were listed with RE/MAX)
In closing this Real Estate market review, have a look at the following comparisons:
2012 Sold properties in Summerland: 233
2011 Sold properties in Summerland same time window: 216
2010 Sold properties in Summerland same time window: 163
2009 Sold properties in Summerland same time window: 214
2008 Sold properties in Summerland same time window: 162
Send me a text or email with your guess of how many sold in 2007:
Live & Play, any day, every season…in a small town where life imitates a luxury car commercial
Celebrating a proven past with a progressive future, where vineyards, orchards, and beaches meet in small town charm. Tucked away off hwy 97 in the middle of the Okanagan.
Patrick Murphy 250 486 2529
Always active on Twitter @pmurphy88
Always current on the blog www.youroklife.com
Often fun on Facebook
Forever grateful for kind referrals
Nobody in the World Sells More Real Estate than RE/MAX, and only Patrick Murphy offers the widest advertising coverage of Summerland properties across Western Canada and Northern BC into Alberta.
Call or text Patrick now, 250 486 2529
RE/MAX Orchard Country 10124 Main St Summerland